Sunday, January 13, 2013

A New Year!

Well, it’s 2013. Can you believe it? If you ask me, 2012 was sure good to us. God gave us our son and we are very blessed. What more could we ask for? To celebrate, we spent New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day with our family…just hanging out, playing games and staying up until 9:00 p.m. I know, so late, right? It’s become a tradition with my sister’s kids that we countdown to the new year on New York time, which is 9:00 p.m. California time. That’s about as late as we can go these days. We do poppers and sparkling juice in little tiny champagne glasses. It’s the BEST type of New Year’s Eve party!

 

NewYearsEveEdit1

New Year’s Eve

Do you like our EARS?!

NewYearsEveEdit4

Philip and Micah give a THUMBS UP to having fun!

NewYearsEveEdit2

My niece, Anna, is so sweet with Nathanael.

She always wants to hold him and makes sure to tell me she has washed her hands.

She kisses him on his head when it is time to go and she enjoys his facial expressions.

She’s a pretty neat little girl. You can’t help but love her.

I adore her and I LOVE that she loves my son.

NewYearsEveEdit3

Grandpa and Grandma play with Nathanael and watch for his smiles.

They are getting to be quite frequent now. Smile

NewYearsDayEdit1

New Year’s Day

Games: Mexican Train and Blokus. Some family favorites.

In the lower left picture, you’ll see my oldest niece, Bekah.

She rocked Nathanael and patted his pacifier to keep him calm.

In the midst of all the adults talking, I overheard her singing to him Jesus Loves Me.

She is a great little caretaker and helps her mommy out all the time with her siblings.

It is so wonderful to see her loving heart doing what it does best…loving.

 

I’m so excited to see what God has in store for all of us this next year.

Happy New Year!

Red heart

1 comment:

  1. I really like your family's traditions, Donna! Looks like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete