Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nathanael John De Jong

I am anxiously awaiting my son’s arrival. WOW. That sounds so strange. MY son. I have longed to be a mother my entire life and am overwhelmed with gratitude that I have been blessed with this opportunity to care for one of God’s greatest creations; human life. The name Phil and I have chosen for our baby boy is Nathanael John. Nathanael means “gift of God” or “God has given”. I strongly believe that God has given me the responsibility of being a mother, not because of any great thing I have done, but simply because He has given it to me – because our God is a gracious God…providing us with our hearts’ desires. In my longing for children, I often would find myself finding hope in Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” I have many times had to relearn how to be patient. In fact, I believe it is my ongoing struggle….patience. But, I know that the Lord’s timing is PERFECT. And,  I am SO looking forward to holding my son in my arms.

2012-06-08 15.06.14

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be your first comment!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your heart Donna. The Lord's timing is perfect. You will be (and are) a wonderful mommy. I am so thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete