Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nathanael’s Room

For the most part, Nathanael’s room is complete.

There are a few things I still need to organize…but there will always be that task. Winking smile

 

Blog Edit 9 

Blog Edit 10

 

Blog Edit 11

 

Blog Edit 3

Above is a picture of the blanket my Mom made for Nathanael. Isn’t it adorable?!

I love the print on the fabric and on the other side it is so very soft.

My sister made the cute little pillow sitting there.

In fact, my sister came over one day and really helped me out with the finishing touches.

It was nice to point to things and have her move stuff or nail things up. Winking smile

Blog Edit 6

I was really excited about this light switch I found on ebay.

And, my coworker gave me this print of Fess Parker. I’m a Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone fan.

Supposedly…I’m related to the real Daniel Boone. I remember my grandmother telling me he was my cousin, 6 times removed or something silly like that. Haha.

Blog Edit 2

These drawings are pretty neat and I’m glad I could incorporate them in the room.

My grandfather sketched these cowboys in the 1970’s. That wooden statue also belonged to him.

He was a pretty amazing man, my grandpa Bill. Talented in so many ways. I miss him.

Blog Edit 1

Hand-Me-Down Boots from Nathanael’s cousin, Micah.

Blog Edit 4

A little bit of our honeymoon. Aruba has a special place in my heart. Red heart

Blog Edit 5

A room isn’t complete without wiener dogs, right?

My niece, Bekah, calls me the aunt with all the wiener dog statues.

Oh my goodness. I don’t even know how I became THAT aunt. It sort of makes me cringe. Annoyed

But, you know what?! In my defense, these ones are special. Phil’s mom gave me the planter one. It will be perfect for little nic-nacs. And, that tiny little guy…that one was my Grandma Donna’s.

Blog Edit 7

That framed cowboy is a greeting card my mom found in a box of old cards of my grandma’s.

My sis found that measuring grid at a garage sale.

Blog Edit 8

More little details. It is all a bit eclectic…but I like it. In fact, I love it. It’s my baby’s room. And, I can’t wait for him to occupy it.

More than anything…I can’t wait for him to occupy my life.

His daddy and I love him so much already and we haven’t even met.

Soon! Any day now….

No comments:

Post a Comment